Air compressor mounting

I have an Air2 compressor in the steel case and I am thinking of mounting it under the hood to increase my available cargo space. I have a few questions about this:

1) I routinely go up and down steep and high (1000'!) dunes and coolant always sprays out of the coolant bottle onto the bottom of the hood and generally ends up all over the engine compartment. Won't this damage the compressor?

2) Also, with all of this sand and gravel road driving, I get a lot of sand and dust in the engine compartment. I have duct-taped all of the holes in the fenders, but I still get quite a bit of sand and dust in the engine compartment.

Coolant, sand and dust can not be good for the compressor.

How do you protect your under-hood compressor from coolant, dirt, sand and dust?

Thanks in advance, Frank

Reply to
Frank Bergren