air compressors

went and bought a new air compressor from lowes the 45gallon job 220 volt cast iron pump 3 year warranty(limited) very loud and noisy call company they ask if i c bolted it to floor with their install kit and i say no they say warranty now void won't do a dam thing for me except raise my blood pressure find out pump is not cast iron even thought it states that on the compressor they won't cover a thing i haven't had it 2 weeks go to lowes and they take it back and i get my money and go to tsc and buy a ingersoll rand much better unit and it was on sale to boot you are now warned about kobalt compressors

Reply to
philthy

I took a look at those kobalt ones.. Think the compressor is actually aluminum with a cast iron sleve. Wasn't impressed. IR is a better compressor anyway.

Reply to
DougW

After pissing with several home market air compressors I bought a Gardner Denver monster old enough that the plant address on the tag had no zip code. It ran for many years with its equally old motor with fine sand cast iron end bells but eventually started knocking, and I called G-D and they said that they haven't supported that model since JFK was President. It's in my garage still. I went out and poured a concrete pad and mounted a Volks-Air compressor outside the garage. it's a VW industrial engine that has been converted so two cylinders compress and two run the engine. It runs on the natural gas line we put on the side of the house for a barbecue grill. It has a truck alternator on it that will power an inverter to run the fridge and other necessities if power goes out too, acts as an emergency generator.

Reply to
RapidRonnie