air flow question asked another way

The airflow from the AC in my wrangler comes out the bottom vent, the top vent , and the defroster all at the same time no matter how I set the controls. Can someone give me a general idea as to how the airflow is controlled mechanically so I can begin to figure out the problem. I know how to get at the control panel which appears to be vacuum unit I just don't know if its a vacuum problem, control problem or possibly a baffle issue.

TIA JD 2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
JD

When I had an aftermarket system installed on my 99 TJ, I had a similar problem. The shop had to go back in and reconnect some vaccuum tubes that had fallen off at the box end.

Reply to
Eric

I'm not sure of this but I believe the TJs ducts are vacuum controlled. You may want to look around under the hood or under the dash & see if a line's been knocked off.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Reply to
Al King

There is a vacuum actuator on the driver's side of the driveshaft tunnel near where the floor airflow is discharged. Make certain none of the connections have come off and that the actuator is functioning. You should feel a shaft moving in and out of the unit when the airflow selector switch is moved from one position to another.

**************
Reply to
Davenport

Ok, Thanks for the input. I'm going to tear into it tonight, will report back as soon as I have some answers to share.

JD 2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
JD

I would check under the hood at the rear of the intake manifold for a vacuum line off first before going under the dash.

Mike

JD wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain