Starter getting slower

When I start my 98 TJ Sport these days, it makes the "starter noise" about 5 or 6 times before it actually starts. Usually it would start after one iteration. The battery is only a year old, although I haven't attached a multi-meter to see if this could be an alternator issue or battery issue. Typically does a bad starter going bad perform as above?

Thanks,

Chuck

Reply to
ChuckNNTP

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

What Bill says with an add on. If the battery connections are dirty, the starter can take all the available power not leaving enough to fire up the computer or injectors.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain