More on the New Jeep Top

Hi all:

I posted a message last month about the new jeep top. Well, I know everything there is to know about this top and its awesome. Go to

and see a low-budget video of the top in action.

Facts:

  1. Can go up or down in 7 seconds
  2. Quieter than a hard top (yes, its true)
  3. Can be manual or electric or keyless
  4. Made of the same material as the top of the line convertible top on Porsche, BMW, etc.., better warranty, no fading, tearing or staining, ever.

I welcome all with any questions, e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@jeeptop.net.

Reply to
Alan

Quieter than a hardtop. Hmm. How was that measured? Just "by ear" or using a sound measuring device? If it was truly measured, what is the decibel difference between the two, and at what speed was that measured?

Eric

99 TJ SE

Reply to
Eric

You should lead your subject with AD:

Reply to
JimG

Most top noise is really from the wind going around the windshield frame.

IMNSHO

Reply to
Jeepers

This is dangerously close to a commercial post, which is expressly prohibited by our charter.

Reply to
CRWLR

Wow thanks for the info! Now I'm sure I will never buy a top from this slimey business that feels they need to spam news groups to attract customers.

Reply to
Jeepster

Reply to
David C. Moller

The rudeness of the spammer is exceeded only by the rudeness and sheer technical incompetence of their website. There is a very lame and poorly stolen [these guys don't look bright enough to have done this themselves] sliding DIV on the main page. If you reject all their gratuitous multimedia stuff and block all cookies, the little segment with the goofy tops slowly jerks its way across your screen. Then it coughs up a rude JavaScript error that tells you your machine is too slow and offers to disable "unnecessary animations" [This on cable broadband and an unloaded SuperMicro yet...]

Hidden in the code is a [currently commented out] note that "We are currently looking for investors. If you are interested, please...

and then there is a useless attempt to hide their email address by using the &# special characters that any current email weasel knows how to get around. But then the use of Webdings font is pretty much all that needs be said....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
twaldron

snipped-for-privacy@jeeptop.net spammed:

Alan,

Quit spamming rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys. If you want to advertise, pick the appropriate media and pay for it like any other legitimate commercial operation. All you are accomplishing on this forum is the resolve by your audience to never buy anything from you.

Thank you.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

It IS a commercial post. He was asked to stop a month ago.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

The web page has email addresses.. perhaps he is the type of spammer that doesn't actually read the groups they abuse. Or maybe he just missed the polite requests to refrain from spamming... Or is just lonely and would like a few holiday greetings from folks who are thrilled and fulfilled with seeing the charter violating posts....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Here is his response to me by email:

From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com: "First of all, I had no idea about your forum or any rules that go with, I simply was surfing around Google and came across a series of messages that I found relevant to what I am doing. I figured I would let anybody interested know about a revolutionary new product with the specific intent of being very brief and providing an address for more info. There was no intent on being a scam of any kind, spamming is totally out of my vocabulary. Why are you so upset? What, did it waste 20 seconds of your time? I emphatically apologize for this dramatic infringement on your time and energy. As far as the interest in our top being blacklisted for this nonsense by your group, so be it, there's nothing I can do.

Have a nice day and relax a bit."

And here is my response:

To Lawaspen:

"As far as the interest in our top being blacklisted for this nonsense by your group, so be it, there's nothing I can do."

Yes there is. Stop posting commercial messages.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

What a complete ass. Your tops are FUGLY, too.

And your momma wears combat boots.

Reply to
Jeepers

In my opinion, thank you for posting this in the Jeep group. This post ~is~ JEEP related and has not been spamming, annoying or bothersom. For you to get this much harassment over this is ludicrous. If this notice were trying to sell sex toys or something else completly unrelated to JEEPS, or you posted this notice every day for weeks then I could understand the dislike for it. You simply thought Jeepers would be interested in seeing a new product. What better forum to show this off than in a JEEP group.

Awesome top Alan. I would like to know more. Up here, the weather changes from day to day without much warning. please send any info to me at snipped-for-privacy@charter.netNOSPAM

I'll show this video to all my Jeep club friends and I'm sure they will love it. we had actually been wishing someone would create a convertible top someday.

take the NOSPAM off to reply via email.

D.L.

Reply to
D.L.

His post is advertisement for his own profit. If the users here were not vigilant, this group would be full of similar ads. You don't see Quadratec, Telico4X4, Best Top, or JCWhitney post here do you? They also have very interesting new products.

JimG

Reply to
JimG

i agree, i would not have known about this top too if i hadn't seen it posted here, and like you, i too posted it on my club site for others to see, at

jeepworm2000

I think the hostility you are seeing from the collective is actually a continuation of irritability from the first message. The sales approach was very indirect and, arguably, irritating (see below).

I am pleased to see new vendors come into the Jeep accessories market with new ideas and innovations. But please, be straight forward. We've all dealt with the "used car" sales mentality and don't want it with our play things.

Jim

From: Alan ( snipped-for-privacy@jeeptop.net) Subject: New Jeep tops

View this article only Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys Date: 2003-11-10 15:17:31 PST

Hey all, has anyone heard about this new jeep top that is either manual or electric? It is a true convertible top, goes up and down in seconds. I am totally fed up with my "supertop" the thing is so noisy and a total pain to pout up and down. Is there anyone out there that feels the same way? I heard this new top is awesome and that it costs about $1500. Do you think that is too much to pay for an electric keyless top?

Reply to
Jim Meyer

Reply to
aGraham