Any tips on making my 77 fsj J-10 jeep more mud capable?

I pulled my old jeep out from under the oak tree and got it running. I would really like to totaly refurbish it, but i think it is beyond hope for that. The body has some serious rust dammage and i haven't found anywhere i can get replacement parts easily. Instead i was thinking i should put just enough money into it to go have some fun with it before it totaly bites the bullet.

Any ideas on what type of lift kits i can get or any tips at all would be helpfull. The front leaf springs are under the axle, can i put them on top for an extra couple of inches of lift. Also the rear leaf springs look like they can be repositioned into another hole on the mounting bracket for a little lift. I am really excited about getting started on it and any tips and comments on it would be appreciated.

Reply to
Brad Clark

for mud the absolute biggest improvement will be decent mud tires. i really like the interco trxus mud terrains

but have alsohad really good luck with bft mts. if you want a good bogger on a budget do anSOA, throw some big mud tires on it, and lincoln lock your differentials.

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

Bigger tires are in the future...maybe not the near future, I have to get it rolling before i need tires. My jeep looks like it is low riding to me, looks like it needs some lift.

The gas tank is rusted out, I was thinking of mounting a stainless steel tank i have in the bed of the truck. Another problem it has is no brakes at all in the rear. All of the springs and stuff for the drum brakes are all gone.

Reply to
Brad Clark