Jeep lift question

Hey,

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Liter 6 Cylinder 3 Speed Automatic.

I want to have a lift kit put on it and was wondering if it would

A: Affect my gas mileage.

and

B. Would it make it ride any rougher or would it just be higher. I have coil springs and not leafs.

and

C. Will it throw off my Speedometer and if it does, how can it be adjusted to show the correct speed.

I am going to have this done somewhere else but don't want to get screwed over...

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Gawain

Reply to
<bighoytxxx

A. You already have one of the most unaerodynamic vehicles ever made. Making it higher will affect your mileage, but only slightly. It won't get better. Gas is pretty high where I am.

B. Answer depends on type, manufacturer, and quality of lift kit. It could make the ride rougher, smoother, or about the same. Talk to the people who are selling you the kit about this.

C. It won't affect your speedometer at all, unless you put bigger tires under it.

Basically, more information is needed.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

In article , Earle Horton wrote: #C. It won't affect your speedometer at all, unless you put bigger tires #under it.

I thought the whole point of a lift kit was so that you could put bigger tires on it. Otherwise, it's just needlessly raising your center of gravity...

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

The lift itself wont effect it much but when you put bigger tires under it yes it will dramatically worsen your mileage... The bigger the tire the more dramatic...

Reply to
Simon Juncal