ATF Cap/Adding....Where? Dumb '96 JGC Question

'96 JGC....just wanted to check ATF levels (I see that dip stick)....but where the heck is the cap to pour it in?

Seemed I was able to see the brake,engine,powersteering,coolant, and all sorts of other things. However could not spot the ATF cap/resevoir....

Where in the heck do you place ATF fluid in this darn thing?

This is embarrassing to ask...heck, I'm a guy for crissakes! (at least the last time i check :) ). Help me save my manhood! Direct me to the place to place the AFT (if needed)...

TIA!

Reply to
lanceandrew

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com did pass the time by typing:

That's it.

You did. It's the tube where the dipstick goes.

In the tube where the trans dipstick goes.

AFT goes in the back but usually on boats. ATF goes in the dipsitck tube where you check the level.

And yes, I am a smartass. ^_^

Just remember to check it with the tranny warm. Too much ATF fluid is just as bad (if not worse) than too little.

Drive for about 15 miles to get the tranny up to operating temp. Put the Jeep on level ground Shift through all positions P/R/N/D/L1/L2 etc Put it back in park Set the emergency brake leave the engine running check the level

Add only enough to bring it up to the full mark.

Reply to
DougW