Audio System Produces Hum In Aux Mode

I took delivery of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the X Package today. The AM/FM/CD radio produces a humming sound from the speakers when I place it in the AUX mode. This occurs both when I plug my iPod into the AUX input and when nothing is plugged into the AUX input. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you.

Reply to
Kurt R. Todoroff

If I were to guess I would say the radio was missing the snuffer circuit for the radio side. Ran into this with the Pioneer head unit. Try switching to CD then back to AUX.

Reply to
DougW

A hum is a bad ground. The connection for it may be bad in the radio at the 1/8" stereo jack. Tell them to replace it.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Yep that or a broken shield is was causes it 99% of the time.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan