Aux Audio input on SC-816

Hi there !! I was wondering if there is a way of playing audio from en external source through the radio speakers. I was thinking of using the CD changer port. I know Alpine used to be the maker of OEM Volvo radios and they have a module that you plug into the CD changer plug and has 2 RCA plugs for audio input. I am not sure who makes the SC-816, and if there is a way of doing this. I am thinking of buying a tom-tom 910 GPS navigation system ( with 16Gb HD space for MP3s), or interface to an ipod as audio source.

Any help would be appreciated.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

I don't know if this unit has RCA jacks, but if it doesn't, you have one or two other choices: if it has a cassette player, you can probably use a cassette adapter* that is generally used to play CDs. You can also use a radio frequency transmitter adapter, although they vary widely in how well they work, depending on brand/model and how much radio 'traffic' you have in your area. Both of these devices plug into the headphone jack of any device that uses headphones.

  • if the cassette player 'swallows' the cassette and closes a door, then the cassete adapter probably won't work, and may screw up your cassette mechanism, because of the wire attached to it. These things only work with standard cassette players that leave the cassette visible while it plays.
Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

Hi Mike, Thanks for you suggestion about the wireless transmitters, I am disappointed with them, since if you travel, you have to keep changing the frequencies, and the quality is not that great, same can be said for the cassette adapter, that is why I was going for the direct input from the changer port. Do you know who makes the SC-816 fro Volvo?

Thanks

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

Sorry, I don't. Cassette adapters vary quite a bit in quality; I seem to recall reading that radio Shack makes a good one, but you might want to check a site like epinions.com. I got a free plug-in RF adapter with an MP-3 player - it plugs into the cigarette lighter jack, and is self-powered. I have't tried it yet.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

Try this:

Mike F