Automotive Wiring Source

Anybody know of a source to buy automotive wiring terminators and color-coded, automotive wiring? What I'm talking about is, inside the plastic connection housings, the little metal wire ends that clip in to the connector. I'd rather not just buy a harness from Painless Wiring (don't have the budget) and don't need the whole shebang. I just want to replace individual wires (color-coded wire and terminator). '76 Jeep CJ-7. I know Mike's still 'round here along with some other hard core types:) Let's see if you can fill this ridiculous bill. Drink

Reply to
James Drinkwater

RoyJ

You will find painless and similar harnesses for under $150 on Ebay. Thats less than my time is worth. I have a 21 wire kit coming for the Jeepster

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I will second digikey, I have used them in the past.

Our local auto parts stores all sell the metal spade connectors and spools of wire in different gauges. I have some spools of 10 ga. for lights and some light duty ones for switches (relays) and am out of 12 ga. which is the most common.

The Haynes CJ manual's wiring diagrams are really good from what I have seen and used and they have all the proper gauge sizes for the various pieces.

When I redid my CJ7, I replaced a lot of plug pigtail units. A friend gave me a used harness out of a full sized GM van. All the plugs and sockets match up.

I used solder and heat shrink with dielectric grease in the heat shrink.

Mike

Mike Romain