2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Edition

Hi I would like to know how to pull the rear axle from this model of jeep I do not see the C-lock from the inner axle shaft from in the Haynes manual that I have is there something that I am missing? tried to push the axle in after pulling the pinion shaft from the differential but it will not move any suggestions?

Thanks Dan

Reply to
4-stroke

You may have a "real axle", i.e. a Dana 44. In that case, after removing the brakes, remove the axle retainer plate nuts by sticking a socket through the hole in the wheel flange, then pull the axle out. You will need a press to replace the axle seal and bearing, if that is what you are after. If you have the 35C, then you may need to remove the brakes. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to