Bent front axle yoke on a TJ

Are there shops that can fix a bent axle yoke, or is a whole new axle needed? The axle yoke is the fixed yoke that the steering knuckle mounts on.

This is a 2003 Rubicon.

Reply to
swbell

Contact a professional axle shop, a city of any size should have a couple they can calculate what you need to get your ride leveled out safely.

Search your local yellow pages for "auto truck axle"

What I mean by a professional shop is when you stop by at 9AM you will be entering a building that was at its cleanest while under construction 100 years ago.

The walls will be covered with tools on hooks you have never seen before and many are home made.

You will be greeted, eventually, by the boss who is the cleanest guy there and he looks like he lost a wrestling match in the grease pit with a bear.

All the mechanics there will be sporting headgear advertising heavy trucks, chewing tobacco or farm machinery

The customer waiting area will be supplied with the best seating Chevrolet offered in 1972 and you will have a 13 inch black and white TV for entertainment.

All the mechanics will have a full set of teeth and carry them around in their pockets.

There are some prices listed on the wall that were last updated when Nixon was in office.... as Vice President.

They do have a "Complaint Department-Take a Number" display with the number

1 attached to the pin of a hand grenade.

The smoking section in the waiting room *is* the waiting room. And the shop floor, for that matter. The "waiting room" is really a formality, as there is no place to actually wait...there's one chair and they're using that for a computer stand. Haven't the slightest idea what they use that computer for. I supposed you could sit on the larger part cartons or the stack of tires in the middle of the floor.

But, they actually do good work for a reasonable price, and are very busy...open 7am-10pm 7 days, and they always have a full load. The owner, is one of those guys who can diagnose the problem by ESP.

There will be a sign on the wall to the effect they do not NOT call

911. It is hanging next to a silhouette target filled with holes from a .45 Long Colt.

Reply to
billy ray

LMAO I've been to that shop,,,, that's where I got my 33 x 9.5 BFG's - Moose's 4 x 4 Shop. However their waiting room had a solitary stool surrounded by spare parts and I had to remove a stack of parts catalogs from it so I could rest my arse. Great bunch of guys!

paul

Reply to
paul

ROTFLMAO!!!