Bill. 90YJ chassis electrical 1990 with 2.5L

Bill, do you have the "real" like the one the dealers use? file instead of this cheap chilton manual on this, or how to trouble-shoot what im doing, with this alternator?

johnp ignorance is not "bliss" its very anoying, specaly when the suns out, its not raining, and the tops off, and the dam dawg dont run

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill, its the same one i have in my chilton book, but al least now i can blow it up and see the print without squinting,

do you know if any of this is controlled by the jeep computers? how do i test the relay?? if the relay is bad can it be a cause?

what the hell would you guys do,,next??

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

That line is only for the tach reading on a 90 computer I believe.

I know the 90 vehicle with the carb can be 'nuttered' and the only extra wires needed to play with on a YJ vs CJ are the tach before the computer can be tossed in the trash.

His volt drop readings indicate a really bad connection at the starter relay post. It's dirty.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike, my 90YJ has the TBI on the carb. ive had the starter off, wire-brushed / cleaned the termanals, re-installed,

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg