Bill/Mike- TPI Vette Engine Controls

Gents, I need some advice and figured you could help me. I've looked on the net and am overwhelmed with returns that don't give me the details I'm looking for. There's Gotta be a website that says, "Just get this and do that for the swap". I got an '89 V8 Vette engine with TPI injection. It should be a MAF system and I can scavenge "everything I need to make it work besides the wiring harness" off the donor vehicle. I'll put it in the Jeep and put an NV4500 behind it. What should I have besides the pieces I just mentioned? I don't know about speed sensors to the tranny or solenoids to the purge canister, radiator, electric fan, Anti-Theft (VATS), etc. This will be great if I can make it work and want to avoid finding thing after thing that I didn't get. P.S. I guess Chilton doesn't even make a manual for the '89 Vette and my hardcover manual doesn't address wiring schematics and TPI?!? Thanks for any help, Jim '76 CJ-7 258

Reply to
Drink

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
Drink

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Probably the best book on TPI swapping is the one sold at

Their books are extremely detailed and informative. I have used the TPI book and the S-10 V8 Swap book. Both are great. The book will also answer a lot of your questions about which parts you need and can use.

HTH Chris

Drink

Reply to
Drink

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well, I called Advance Adapters and the gear's on the way. They said that I'd need to do "extensive" modifications. Possibly to the firewall and floor pan. Does anybody have any experience with this? Will it fit without a body lift? What are the options for modifications and what are they? How about lowering the crossmember? Jim '76 CJ with (soon to be) Chevy V8/ Dodge NV4500/Dana300

Reply to
Drink