Borla Headers, what do they do for a jeep

Hi all,

I see Borla headers mentioned as an alternative to the stock exhaust manafold. My question is what do Borla Headers do for a jeep? Better performance, better sound?

thanks,

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

L.W.(ßill)

I replaced my whole exhaust. Here is my report on what the Borla header, high flow cat and cat back did on my trip of over 2000 miles.

Last trip before putting new exhaust I got 15.4 mpg average.

Now... My Jeep: '96 XJ with 4" lift, 31's and 5 sp (4.0) Fuel: 87 octane Mpg: 18.35

Also I have noticed a good low end torque increase. I don't have to shift as much going up hills and the truck runs with more zip. It sounds about the same as stock, but a little deeper and throatier. I am very happy with the exhaust set up. If I would have known I would increase power and fuel economy I would have done it sooner.

The only negative I have is the header is a bit bigger where it goes by the u-joint on my front axle. It hits if I go over a bit bump. This is probably due to my 4" lift and I need to move or get an adjustable track bar. I am going to look at that problem on Monday.

The install on this set up wasn't bad. I did it by myself in about 8 hours. I am not a mechanic, but have restored a car and do some stuff here and there.

Thought I would let people know how it went.

Take care, Curt

Reply to
curt