Brake hose seal

What is the secret? Put a re-man. caliper on with new hose and can't get a seal. I am using 2 copper washers, one either side of the hose block.

Reply to
JimG

Flat surfaces, and no burrs under the hex of the hollow bolt. I have seen many rebuilts that really aren't and need a bit of filing.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Are they the right washers? The ones I see for those bolts are very soft ones. Something like a proper copper oil drain washer, a crush washer. They are only good for one use, 'maybe' 2.

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I was taught to never re-use copper washers unless there was no chance of getting a new one. They can be annealed by heating them red and dropping them in water, to soften them for re-use.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Yep, I believe it has an improperly milled surface... if try to fix it, I end up with metal shavings all inside it. So, I took it back for a replacement. It will be in tomorrow.

Jim

Reply to
JimG