93 YJ anti-theft key removal

I have a 93 YJ that came with a anti-theft key that must be inserted in order to start the car. Does anyone know how I can wire up socket so that I won't need the key. Its pretty annoying having to fumble with it everytime I start the car.

Thanks

Reply to
mslug

mslug did pass the time by typing:

Sounds aftermarket. usually all that key does is complete a circuit that lets you start the engine. I'd suggest tracing the ignition wires and module wires back to the splices. Once you find the splices you should be able to remove that doodad.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Jim85CJ

The key sticks out about an inch and gets knocked out constantly by my knee and the socket is cracked. It'd suck if I were to lose it and not be able to start my jeep.

Guess I can crack open the key, trace the ciruit and wire up the wires going to the socket based on the key's circuit. Just figured I'd ask before I did that.

Thanks all

Reply to
mslug

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Move the socket.

Not all of those "keys" are simple circuits. Some are a lot more and you won't be able to easily debug it.

It'd probably be better to either move the socket or have the system removed entirely. If you're not sure what you're doing with that particular brand of anti-theft you don't want to poke blindly.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Reply to