Brake question

Hi everybody. I have a 95' YJ. Left for work Fri morning. Brakes were fine. Got in Jeep after work and the pedal almost goes to the floor. I pulled a front tire and the pads appear to have about 3/16 left on them. The fluid level was at add, but not below. What should I be looking at here?? Thanks.

Greg

Reply to
GGinn

See if you can pump up the pedal. If you can, you may have gotten low enough on fluid to get air in the system and just need to bleed the lines.

Once you get a fairly hard pedal, hold pressure on it and see if it slowly sinks down. If so, suspect a leaking master cylinder. Cure there is to replace the mc.

Reply to
Will Honea

Thank you Will. I will report my findings when I do the test. I appreciate it..

Greg

Reply to
GGinn

Reply to
RoyJ

Thanks Roy, I will bank all the info. I appreciate it greatly...

Greg

Reply to
GGinn