Buying a jeep

I'm interesting in a 1993 YJ ... 1 year old clutch, 4 cyl. No rust. What things should I be aware of on this model. What would a decent price be to offer? It blue books for 4 grand. Thanks

Reply to
David

I have the same vehicle. No problems except the bolt nearest the firewall, on the exhaust manifold broke of in the engine block and now I have an exhaust leak there. Otherwise, it has NEVER let me down! Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Knock on wood!

Reply to
SB

Depending upon prior care, it shouldbe fine.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding on the durability of the YJ, both

4.0L and the 4 banger. Despite all the bashng they used to take from the "round headlight" crowd about not being "real Jeeps", having sub-par mechnicals, etc. these things are still running strong out there by the thousands. The fact that they don't rust like CJs do helps tremendously.

The post-'91 models with EFI are the best by far.

Like all Jeeps they have a few technical weak spots, but they keep on going & going. Funny, now that the TJ is so prevalent, former YJ bashers are starting to accept them as true Jeep classics. They make a superb platform for building rigs from mild to extreme and are being seen everywhere now, since many CJs have been either trashed or have deteriorated beyond the point of saving.

Reply to
Jerry McG

I just bought a Jeep. I got a lot of help from this group. If this gonna be your daily driver at least test drive a 6Cyl.

Reply to
jasonp