YJ distributor

I'm replacing the dist. in my YJ, 4 cyl. Anything I should know beforehand? Any nasty tricks?? I removed the old one, and my new one wil be here tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Reply to
Dave Lee

Dave Lee did pass the time by typing:

erm, yes, but a bit too late unless you marked the rotor and distributor position before pulling the distributor. :/

for the I6,

DougW

Reply to
Dave Lee

Dave Lee did pass the time by typing:

That slot is the oil pump drive and it turns fairly easily. Your correct it is a ref but it's not as accurate as a good solid marking of the rotor position.

Just remember to give the gear and spline a good coating of motor oil before putting it in. That helps it on the first startup.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Dave Lee