California sues Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda and Nissan for emissions

Dave, you're making the dangerous assumption that the American civil legal system works for the good of the people, it actually works for the good of the dollars.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Al J

Maybe when he becomes Kommassar he will issue an edict that requires everyone, except him, to walk or ride a bicycle.

He will be using a government supplied Jeep Limo and all the folks who made illegal cash payoffs will be allowed solar powered cars.

Reply to
billy ray

Dave, That shows you do not understand the mindset of a portion of the US population.

There are those who believe that others are responsible for all the woes in their existence.

Even though I live 4 hours away from California (by jet) and was last in LA in 1974, I forced them, with the gun in my bedroom closet, to adopt their hedonistic lifestyle.

The very thought that I can leave my door unlocked, trust my neighbors, and breathe clean air is abhorrent to them which, in turn, incited them to acts of senseless gang violence, immoral behavior, arson, and murder.

The simple act of watering my lawn any day or time I desire (we pump water from the river, process it, use it, reprocess it, and return it to the river cleaner than it was originally) forces them to drive themselves to distant beaches in vehicles getting poor mileage and high pollution (probably Jeeps), lay in the sun 12 hours a day and contract skin cancer.

When I took a second job so I could send my children (born in marriage) to a private school the first few years forced them to demand that their school systems NOT teach their children to read and write any more than necessary to fill out a welfare form (the dole).

Reply to
billy ray

Billy Ray,

Boy you sound like a real radical. If you sent your children to one of those private "Bible" schools you didn't do them any favors, intelligence-wise.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Actually they were non-sectarian schools set up by a sorority sister of one of my sisters.

As a professional educator she was dismayed at the direction public education was taking and decided to see if she could do something about it.

The girls attended a few years and when they were 'mainstreamed' into the local public schools they were so far ahead of their classmates it wasn't funny.

The benefit is that they are both college educated having earned excellent (4.0) grades far in excess of what their mother and I ever did.

-br (I may be a redneck but I'm a redneck with a specialized degree in chemistry)

Reply to
billy ray

I have to admire people who do this, but I wonder if they are addressing the problem in general, or just making things better for their own and their friends' kids. Otoh, if people in general want their kids to be ignorant, then who am I to deny them? But you ran the risk of having your kids turn out liberal. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Hasn't someone come up with a derogatory term for this yet?

I know many Provincetown residents refer to others as 'breeders'.

Reply to
Steve Foley

One of them is but did not turn bad until just recently. Luckily her husband is able to see the 'right' and cancels out her vote.

Interestingly enough she only votes that way in national elections, for local issues she always supports the 'right' side.

She is young and idealistic,

She is fiercely opposed to the entrenched leftists running the community where she and her husband and my grandpuppy live.

You might appreciate this... it was broadcast on local access cable..... the police chief had to pull one of the councilman (who was the ward captain where she lives) aside (while still on camera and miked) and explain to him he was about to get arrested for threatening her with bodily harm for questioning his recent comments on Cincinnati's television stations.

This councilman can always be counted on for particularly stupid comments on almost any topic and is a favorite with local news reporters. Thing is.... he doesn't seem to comprehend that his actions are seen as stupid not only to his neighbors but everyone else within a 50 mile radius..

Reply to
billy ray

Being a breeder just implies that you have, have the inclination, or are simply capable of producing offspring in your particular lifestyle.

In addition to that I was actually married (and had been for a couple years) to the mother of my children before we started reproducing.

Call me 'ol fashioned....

Reply to
billy ray

I can't even *begin* to understand that lawsuit !

The sad thing is we are moving the same way re litigousness and blaming other people. Car insurance is going up massively due to personal injury claims. Other really nasty side effects - for example, World War 2 veterans who risked getting their arses shot off now cannot have a veterans parade without PAYING £300 insurance "in case someone get's hurt". Un-f*kng-believable. Insurance for a group of senior citizens to walk along a road ? I mean what are they going to do - chop someone with their walking sticks ? Downright disgusting.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Dave,

It's called "Anglo-Saxon" common law, isn't it?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Your barristers are looking at their colleagues across the pond and seeing how much money they can made.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

make

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Dave, it's easy enough to understand.

It's got nothing to do with pollution or the automakers doing anything wrong (they didn't), it has EVERYTHING to do with a politician abusing his powers and trying to get headlines so he can win another election.

In this case I think the legal term is "prosecutorial misconduct".

Jeff DeWitt

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Here is a fine, upstanding breeder:

?ncounty_cuyahoga&coll=2 She has 9 children, by 6 different men, none of whom were her husband. She cuts off her child's ear.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Yup let them build there own. Pull all the stealerships out of the state and watch them change there mind. There all just a bunch of tree huggin hippies.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Dave, if the cows in Kalifornia had liquid assets, the state would sue them for the methane in cow farts.

Dave Milne proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Frank_v7.0 proclaimed:

That's nothing, wait until you see what the greenies are trying to do to drive the price of gasoline into triple digits per gallon in Kalifornia.

Reply to
Lon