California sues Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda and Nissan for emissions

Once again the rest of the world will scratch their heads and marvel at the American legal system !

Dave Milne

This won't happen, but all the companies sued should just discontinue doing business in Kalifornia. Let them build their own smog free vehicles.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

California is not really part of the United States.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

If by marvel you mean laugh them selves silly, then yes, I agree.

Reply to
DougW

Is the Attorny General of Kalifornia up for re-election this year?

Next th>>

Matt Macchiarolo

A little OT, but to answer your question about Kalifornia suing firearms manufacturers: >

Frank_v7.0

Well, I can't wait for the big one when Leftyfornia falls into the ocean then they will sue mother nature for not providing any warning.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I bet he's running for governor.

Seems to me the auto makers have a great defense.

Kalifornia sets it's own emission standards, the automakers met the standards set by the state.

If Kalifornia doesn't like the standard they should go sue themselves.

Jeff DeWitt

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

I've been to California twice in 63 and 06 and I can only say that California is a special case when it comes to air because of the climate, topography, etc and it's about cleaner air. Cleaner air is important and I don't give a crap about any of those companies. They want my money and loyalty. Those are not the top qualities in my book.

I'd rather they cared about lungs but that ain't gonna happen HA!

Peace

Sam

Reply to
sam owens

CO2 isn't a pollutant, at least not in the normal sense and it it DOESN'T hurt you lungs.

Those companies built their cars to the standards set by the state of California, if that isn't good enough for the state then THEY screwed up, not the companies.

This has got to be about an Attorney General looking to make headlines (and probably running for governor). Not only should it get thrown out of court but the state should be forced to pay the car companies legal bills.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

OK I checked, the moron behind this is the California AG Bill Lockyer, a lawyer and life long politician who has apparently never had a real job in his life. (His whole career has been in "public service").

I don't know if the California AG is term limited or not but he is at the end of his second term as AG and is now running for state Treasurer.

He seems like exactly the kind of professional politican we DON'T need, of whatever party.

Jeff DeWitt

sam owens wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

It is illegal in Kalifornia for people to take responsibility for their own actions, everything is always someone else's fault.

Reply to
billy ray

To what party does he belong?

Reply to
billy ray

Billy, I bet you can guess

Jeff DeWitt

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Well..... he is a Berkley graduate, if he wasn't a communist when he went in he was by the time he got out.

Reply to
billy ray

Interesting article.

Question though - the article makes mention of the fact that the case was lodged by the AG on behalf of the people of California. But if it's the people of Calif. who are actually driving the vehciles and contributing to the global warming - then aren't they as much to blame as the manufacturers?

In essence, Calif. should be suing the residents. On behalf of who, though!?

J.

Reply to
Jason Backshall

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Trial Lawyers Association

Reply to
billy ray

Well quite. I would have thought that a defence of "Californians knew about their pollution levels, but wilfully drove too many miles" would also do it.

Dave Milne

manufacturers?

That's the bit I'm marvelling at !

Dave Milne