California sues Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda and Nissan for emissions

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Please Urge California Governor Schwarzenegger to Veto Anti-Gun Bills!

SB 59, sponsored by Senator Alan Lowenthal (D-27), and AB 2714, sponsored by Assembly Member Alberto Torrico (D-20), are heading to the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R). Please contact Governor Schwarzenegger today and urge him to protect your Second Amendment freedom by vetoing SB

59 and AB 2714. Governor Schwarzenegger can be reached by phone at (916)-445-2841, by fax at (916) 445-4633, and by e-mail by visiting

Read More:

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Well, no, not really, you've been listening to too much Sean "Pull Facts Out Of My Ass" Hannity.

That's urban poverty, not pollution. :-)

If you ask Sean, it was probably a lemur that was a direct descendant of Bill Clinton.

On second thought, he probably wouldn't say that....that would legitimize evolution.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

"So, if I die while my old, wrinkled butt is parked in front of this computer,"

Bill, I'm not taking that bet....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Lee Iacocca's book "Talking Straight" speaks to the litigous society we live in (and it was written something like 20 years ago...) the problem in America is twofold:

(1) The civil court system makes it easy to sue anyone for anything, without disregard for the facts or the truth. Unlike other countries (Brazil is one, IIRC) where if you sue and lose, not only do you pay for your attorney, you pay for the defendant's attorney, so you better be absolutely sure you have a case before your file suit.

(2) The explosion of attorneys in the last 35-40 years have resulted in an increase in the total number of lawsuits because they all gotta eat. You didn't see lawyer adverts until the mid-to-late 80's, now they're everywhere. As the old story goes, there was a small town with one lawyer who was starving. Then another lawyer moved to town, and they both got rich.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I live in California, and I think this suit should be thrown out without predjudice. The automakers are compelled to build cars to federal standards, or to state standards if those standards exist and are more stringent than the feds require. For many years we had 49-state and California Cars. Calif cars had different requirements that the feds eventually adopted, or the car makers simply built to the Calif standard to simplify production. Either way, all USA cars are now built to the same standard, and that standard grew out of California rules.

California can't come around now and say, you built cars to the standard we demanded, but they still pollute so we're gonna sue.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

#> Once again the rest of the world will scratch their heads and marvel at #> the #> American legal system ! # # #I live in California, and I think this suit should be thrown out without #predjudice.

So the idiots can bring the suit up again?

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Correct. Plans are in the mill to change the name to PDRC. Peoples Democratic Republic of California

Reply to
QX

too many friggin lawyers

writesoon!