Cherokee electrical problems

Hi all.

Got an electrical prob thats puzzling me plenty. Hit a bump in my cherokee and the heater blower stopped working. checked the fuzes in the engine bay, all ok. started pulling things apart to get to blower switch (dont ask!) but discovered fuze box inside cabin. replaced a blown 30A and now got heat. but now no speedo, tach, fuel or volts, but got temp and oil press. also no warning lites in the lite panel next to the instruments.

Never been into this car before, but someone else sure has! looks like it was last put together by monkeys. got the radio still out. think problem might be in there, but anyone any ideas where to go that might have all the above in common, i.e. one connection/earth etc?

TIA

Billy

What year Cherokee? They changed things.

Ground theft comes to mind. How is the main body ground?

Mike

Mike Romain

Oops! sorry, forgot. Its a '95 4.0 HO

Havnt looked for the main ground, but inclined to dismiss that as so much else works, i.e. lights, engine, wipers, seats, etc...

oh, and that silly overhead compass/outside temp is kaputt as well.

BTW, if anyone could point me at a listing of what the numbered fuzes do, that would be helpfull.

Reply to
Billy