Peugeot 406 LX 2.0 Electrical Problems.

Hi,

I have a Peugeot 406 LX 2.0 ltr estate 1997 model.

I have lost the readings on the petrol gauge, rev counter and speedo these don't do anything when I start the car or drive it. I have a feeling that these instruments are on the same circuit that's why I feel that problem is electrical. I have had a look at the fuses, but they all seem fine to me, so I'm a bit at lose end as to what the problem could be.

As anybody got any ideas.

Thanks.

Busyboy

Reply to
Brian Horsley

The control module in the instrument panel might be faulty. According to the wiring schematic in my Haynes the control module feeds fuel gauge & warning light, clock, tachometer, oil level & temp gauge (not fitted on LX), speedometer. So does the clock work? If so, then power must be reaching the control module. The permanent positive power supply for the control module comes from Fuse

25 in the drivers side fuse box. But this also feeds the radio. So if the radio works, and you haven't disturbed the wiring to the control panel, and the clock does not work it would indicate the control module is faulty. Probably v expensive.

Good luck.

Reply to
Hardgrafter

I have a 406 LX 1996. I am having exactly the same problems as you. I have found that the readings work better in the cold. But after a while I have fluctuating readings again. A pug electrician recommended checking the main wiring connection under the dash by the gas peddle. Not tried it yet but will let you know. If you get any further with this pse let me know.

Rgds

Andy C

Reply to
jai69