Cherokee lighter repair

I recently bought a 98 Cherokee Classic. The lighter did not work, I tried to fix by replacing the 25 amp fuse in the appropriate slot in the fuse box, per the manual. When I started the car, I saw a spark in the lighter socket and when I pushed in the lighter, smoke started to rise. I removed the lighter and yanked the fuse.

Any advice on how to fix or if I did any permanent damage?

Thanks.

Reply to
RGNY216

You can buy a new lighter (power outlet) and bezel from

It's not very expensive. Look at your plug on your power outlet it's either going to have wide terminals or narrow.If you talk to Tony, make sure you tell them which ones you have.

Reply to
Dave Best