Jeep lighter repair

I recently bought a 1998 Cherokee. The lighter dod not work and I wanted to fix this since I needed the lighter for the cell phone charger. I replaced the 25 amp fuse in the appropriate slot in the fuse box per the manual. When I started the car, I saw a spark in the lighter socket and when I pushed in the lighter, smoke started coming out and the wipers went off once. I took out the lighter and yaked the fuse.

Any advice on how to fix or if I did any damage?

Reply to
RGNY216

As electrical engineers say "ooops, you let the smoke out." Bad things happen when something gets hot enough to start smoking.

It sounds like the lighter socket itself may be damaged/defective. Pull it and check it.

If you're not well-versed in DIY electrical repairs you're going to be soon.

Reply to
wkearney99