Cherokee loses breath

Guys, I have almost same problem like in similar post here around only my is without noise. In fact, when engine comes to 2200 (under load not in idle)or a little bit more, it just "losses breath". Looks like fuel pressure drops one moment. I wait few moments with a throttle down and after it accelerates normaly. Why this hesitating occurs? Engine has new spark plugs (Splitfire), before I had Bosch Platinum but it was same. New distributor cap was installed and set of spark plug wires. Air filter is also brand new. Fuel filter has about 5000 - 6000 kilometers. Many greetings from Croatia. Thanks.

Reply to
Davey

Guys, I have almost same problem like in similar post here around only my is without noise. In fact, when engine comes to 2200 (under load not in idle)or a little bit more, it just "losses breath". Looks like fuel pressure drops one moment. I wait few moments with a throttle down and after it accelerates normaly. Why this hesitating occurs? Engine has new spark plugs (Splitfire), before I had Bosch Platinum but it was same. New distributor cap was installed and set of spark plug wires. Air filter is also brand new. Fuel filter has about 5000 - 6000 kilometers. Many greetings from Croatia. Thanks.

Reply to
Davey

I forgot to mention, 4.0 engine, year 1991.

Reply to
Davey

are all the leads on tight and all plugs firing ?

(Splitfire),

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
Davey

Automatic or manual transmission? My `89 4.0 Cherokee did that occasionally and I was reliably told that it was the torque converter unlocking and relocking.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
Davey

Intermittant fuel pump relay? they like to act up. A new one is cheap. swap a few around to test the theory first. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
Davey