96 GC don't start

Monday night i start it and it ran roughly, i shut it down and restart it and it was ok, this morning nada.... the engine turn but the truck does not start.

Fuel Pump ???

96 GC I6 4x4

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511

snipped-for-privacy@bellnet.ca

Le CLone

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Your subject says it is a "96 GC" but in your text you seem to be talking about a "Truck."

I am mixed up.

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Is this TCD sensor or anything similar a factor in CJ7's or only Cherokee's?

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

think of it as a truck with an interior you wash out with a plant mister rather than a hose :-)

Dave Milne

Yes, it is called the pickup coil and I told you in another post how to test it..

Mike

griff>

Reply to
Mike Romain

My mechanic has just reported me that he does not get fuel or spark... ?

--

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511
Reply to
Le CLone

I would be checking the main body ground mesh strap. It should run from the rear of the engine head to the firewall.

Mike

Le CL>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Their been 3 hours spent on the truck and the problem is still not found, they connect a scan tools and they can't get anything out of it??

the truck was working perfectly before, now it look like a major electrical problem.....

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511
Reply to
Le CLone

That one wire I am talking about can cause all kinds of things not to work!

Mike

Le CL>

Reply to
Mike Romain

no fuel or spark at the same time is too much of a coincidence for me. i would start with fuel pressure at the rail. check for bad fuel too. fuel pump is a commom problem. your running rough statement leads me to think i would start with fuel,,,assuming that all the obvious things have been checked,,,wires, plugs, etc

Reply to
Markhousen

Reply to
mic canic

mic canic did pass the time by typing:

This might help.

I've had no-fuel, no-spark, caused by a bad ignition coil. The ASD (automatic shutdown relay) will turn off power to both the coil and the fuel pump if the jeep does not start in the first two to three engine revolutions.

Reply to
DougW

Everything seem to lead to a bad computer, when he connect is scan tools it get not code and an error reporting to put the key on. + their is various cable that have no power. He said that their is aftermarket computer available for my GC. DC want 585 CAN + tx for a new one......

I just hope this is not a trial and error because it's getting expensive.

Pat

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511
Reply to
Le CLone

That is screaming bad ground still to me!

The computer wiring harness has a main ground tag on a bolt on the rear passenger side. There are 3 or 4 small black wires there. To complete this computer ground circuit, the mesh strap from the back of the engine head to the firewall has to be is good shape.

Mike

Le CL>

Reply to
Mike Romain

As per the mechanic it might be a faulty ignition cable going to the ECM that has caused the ECM to died... he his tracing the cable to find any damage.

Im totally lost in this now and it will cost me a lot to fix. too bad the damm thing did not burn to the ground.

Reply to
Le CLone

Reply to
mic canic

well they got the new computer today and the jeep still does not start !!!!! now im really stuck behind the mechanic and my 0- knownledge in electric.....

pat