CJ Rebuild Progress

OK, I'm a little bored so I updated my CJ rebuild page today.

If you are interested, check it out.

Kevin_S

Nice job on the bumper.

Steve

Kev> OK, I'm a little bored so I updated my CJ rebuild page today.

Reply to
Steve

Indeed ! Looking at the rest of your writeup, I didn't realise CJ dashes had "Hot" and "Full" on the left of the temperature and fuel guage as opposed to the usual right.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Nice looking bumper. I spent about $250 for something like it from Tomken, and the fancy powder coated paint job has rust showing already.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks. The bumper really wasn't very hard. Hardest part was making the cuts. A plasma cutter is probably the way to go (which I have access to at work), but I don't like asking favors.... so I did them with a combination of high speed cut-off wheel, angle grinder, and sawzall (with a demolition blade).

As far as Hot and Full on the left as opposed to right side.....you got me, it's the only CJ I've owned so I assumed it was normal?

Reply to
Kevin_S

Sure it is normal on CJs, but every other vehicle I've had has had them on the right :-)

Reply to
Dave Milne

Great job so far, and great website too!

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

My 1982 CJ-7 gauges are the reverse of his. I'll post a picture link shortly.

Norman

Reply to
Norman

His look like aftermarket gauges. All the CJ's I have seen are opposite to that.

Mike

Mike Romain

I agree.

Norman

Reply to
Norman

Mike that is probably a French gauge.

Reply to
Billy Ray

It's ALIVE.....

Check out the newest update... Do I look happy/relieved? Still a lot of work to do, but at least it runs now!

Kevin_S

Looking good, Kevin.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I think the smile says it all! Man, that's lookin' good! Reminds me of my ol' ' CJ5. Don't ever get rid of it! (I regret giving mine up years ago......)

T.

Reply to
TM

My nephew CJ is 5 right now.... maybe when he's 16 I'll have to give it to him. He needs to drive the vehicle he was nicknamed for.

Charles + John (both grandpas names) = CJ

Reply to
Kevin_S