CJ5 Surprise in the garage.........

I was hunting around in the garage today cleaning some stuff up and I came across a box that looked vaguely familiar. About 8 years ago I bought a

1976 CJ5 from a father and son that started rebuilding it as a bonding project. Well I guess they didn't bond very well because it ended in my garage and in many boxes as soon as I heard about it. With it there was a brand new 1975 CJ5 metal hardtop, it still had the stickers on the windows and the keys taped to the door. Anyways I sold it all, but I guess I didn't sell all of the hardtop. This box had a brand new cowl seal as well as two metal 2.5' long pieces for the hardtop. I never installed the top when I had the Jeep so I dont know what they are for but if there is anyone out there that has one and would like them you can have them (I'm keeping the weatherseal though). Maybe I should clean the garage more often. It all started today when I woke up and someone had left a CJ7 hardtop in my driveway. What a weird day.............
Reply to
Johnathan Marrin

Nope not those ones. I've never seen these before on a CJ7. The metal CJ5 Hardtop came in 6 pieces, the roof, the back w/ liftgate, left and right side windows, and these two mystery pieces. Put together they aren't long enough to go al the way across the vehicle. they are wierd because the have a semi circle cut along the bottom edges that run the length of the part. I'll have to find a picture of a CJ5 hardtop and try and figure it out. Maybe I'll bring them with me if I head over this weekend or next. Did you get my email?

Reply to
Johnathan Marrin

Got your email, thought you were tied up.

I am free tomorrow and Monday afternoon. I could call you in the morning if you would like or send you my number

Mike

Johnathan Marr>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sorry, the weekend is already over for me so when I said this weekend I meant the weekend of the 9th...... I work weird hours and I'm lucky when I remember what day it is..... I was thinking the Sunday afternoon (10th) around 3 or 4. If not then maybe the following weekend. I'm going to order that carb kit from CT Tuesday. I've replaced the choke, EGR valve, and a couple other things all within the past year. Anyways, feel free to give me a call before next weekend to touch base......or email me whatever you prefer....

Thanks again,

Jay

Reply to
Johnathan Marrin