CJ7 plastic gas tank

I'm redoing the fuel lines on my 85 CJ7 rebuild.

I have a 20 gallon plastic gas tank and it has 2 nipples on the top that are vented directly to the charcoal canister. The manual says there should be a liquid check valve and a rollover check valve connected to the vent lines before the line reaches the canister.

My jeep simply doesn't have these check valves....unless they are part of the plastic tank - could it be that the nipple valves on the top of the tank are built-in check valves?

Reply to
Sandy

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yes, the two vent valves have a valve in them that does stop liquid from coming out and I tipped my tank over and these did not leak with no hoses attached.

There is supposed to be a roll over check valve and a liquid trap. I think the liquid trap unit is a thing that bolts onto the frame on the drivers side that the vent lines go into after they join and come out of to go to the canister.

This unit was rotted away on my 86 so I didn't put it in when I did a frame up in 2000. I do have my canister located up high under the brake booster and haven't noticed any raw gas smells like liquid got where it shouldn't be.

Mike

Sandy wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain