Dropping Gas Tank?

Hi,

I have a 91 Legacy L 4wd. I'm smelling gas with a full tank but once under

3/4 tank it goes away, sounds like a leak to me. From the looks of it I'll have to drop the whole rear end in order to get at the tank, any other suggestions?

Mike

Reply to
Mike G

I'm not familiar with your car model, but in general, I'd check the emission systems and particularly the charcoal canister before I went through the hell of pulling the gas tank.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Right on Jim as there are lots of hoses and connections on the tank, charcoal canister and purge lines. ed

Reply to
Edward Hayes

is there a hose connecting the filler neck attached to the body and the tank itself? This would seem more likely to leak than the tank itself.

Reply to
Mac Townsend