`96 Cherokee -- any warnings?

I just contracted to buy a `96 Cherokee, auto, 4.0 High Output. Now that I've gone and put a deposit on it, is there anything about that particular model year that I should have known about?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Check for the old "cracked manifold problem" ... and while doing your road test, assuming 4wd 4H 4L , get out on some gravel and make sure that's working ... if it wasn't used much, parts may be seized. And a compression check is always a good idea.

Reply to
Bowgus