Bad 6V voltage regulator?

OK, here's the problem...66 Beetle, still 6 volt...occasionally, after running the car, the gen light will come on bright upon restart...giving a couple heavy blips on the throttle will usually cause it to go out. I'm thinking the regulator is sticking..any way to check, or should I just replace it? Unknown how old the reg is, I did put new brushes in the gen when I got the car a couple years ago.

Thanks, Jon

66Beetle still in primer
Reply to
jwnrj

Although you replaced brushes, it sounded like poor brush contact to me. Press on the brush(es) when the light is on and see if that cures it. If you're sure it's not brush, go ahead and change the reg.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I still have a 6 volt generator and voltage regulator with stand that is in my way. I changed over a 63/64 T1 to 12 volts and the 6 volt stuff was working very well!

If you need it let me know! New is better of course. ;-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Thanks Jim, I'll try that!

Reply to