Code P0301

> P0301 Code - Cylinder #1 Misfire> > Technical Description> > Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected> >

Reply to
philthy

Wrong again...

Reply to
bllsht

In article , bllsht wrote: #>FWIW, the new Hemis idle on only on 4 cylinders. # #Wrong again...

Herb Leong

Which says "Cylinder deactivation, which shuts off fuel to some cylinders under idle and low demand situations, is expected in 2004. That will increase fuel economy."

Since is it now 2006, I expect that the new Hemi already idles on four cylinders. Do you have a newer link?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

A little googling....

gives us a review that references this on a 2005 Chrysler 300C and states:

".... In addition it has a Multi-Displacement System (MDS) which means it idles and cruises on just four cylinders....." ".....During this period, cylinders 1-4-6-7 are deactivated."

(Also notes here that the HEMI name is derived from the hemispherical shaped combustion chambers - something I did not know)

Scroll about half way down to a bit called ?Chrysler Offers Fuel Economy Driving Tips For HEMI and Other Engines? and read this:

??MDS incorporates a number of technologies to accomplish this: the speed of electronic controls, the sophistication of the algorithms controlling the systems and the use of Electronic Throttle Control. With MDS, the same four cylinders (1, 4, 6 and 7) are deactivated each time MDS kicks in?.?

Hope this helps,

Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

I did the 60,000 mile service at 60K miles. THere is no noticeable missing, shaking etc. it runs smooth, The only thing that I did was use Premiun gas for about 5 fillups before the light went on.

I did that because of the cold weather. Perhaps I should not have done it. Did it foul a plug.

>> P0301 Code - Cylinder #1 Misfire>>> Technical Description>>> Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected>>>

Reply to
Firebird

In article , Tomes wrote: #(Also notes here that the HEMI name is derived from the hemispherical shaped #combustion chambers - something I did not know)

BTW--It's a Hemi in name only now--the designers had to change the shape to make the engine more emissions friendly.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

The gasoline companies have done a good job of marketing their Hi-Test gas. It does not contain more power than the regular grade, its main property is that it burns S L O W E R. This resistance to ignition is necessary in high compression engines to prevent pre-ignition. In regular engines it offers no benefits*

*some gasoline companies use better additive/detergent packages in their 'Premium' gasoline.

What did plug #1 look like when you pulled it this weekend?

Did you try swapping it to another cylinder? (#6 would be preferable as it fires off the same coil pack)

>>> P0301 Code - Cylinder #1 Misfire>>>> Technical Description>>>> Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected>>>>

Reply to
billy ray

Allpar got it wrong too. MDS is not active at idle.

Reply to
bllsht