Coil?

I'm thinking about changing the ignition coil in my '75 CJ5 258. It appears to be an original. Any recommendations? A while back Mike R. said he'd installed an Accel Super Coil in his Jeep. If I went with that particular model I wouldn't have a good mounting bracket or place for it unless it comes with a replacement bracket of it's own. There is a model that appears to be a similar size and shape both in an Accel and MSD make which should fit my mounting bracket. Please send recommendations either pro's or con's of units.

Thanks Always, Paul

Reply to
Paul Brogren

Mine came with a bracket.

Mike

Paul Brogren wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks Mike,

So this bracket that comes with it mounts to that same spot as the original correct? Also, I can't remember what you'd mentioned in regards to the dist. cap and wire set? I have NAPA premium cap, rotor, and wires. These should be ok for the voltage increase right?

Reply to
Paul Brogren

Yes, the accel cap and wires were crap. I am running Mopar.

The coil bracket just fits in the same holes as the stock one.

Mike

Paul Brogren wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain