Congo Cage jeep rack

Hello,

I need to purchase a rack for my jeep Wrangler and am told that the Congo Cage is the strongest one requiring little or no modification to a jeep.

My question relates to the installation: Apparently, one hole must be drilled into the jeep's tub on each side in the rear. If I removed the rack in a year or so, would these holed be visible? I've been told by different people that the hole is either ABOVE or BEHIND the taillight mounting brackets, but haven't yet gotten a clear answer.

Could anyone that has done this installation please let me know where the drilling is required?

Thanks very much for your help!

Roy

Reply to
Roy Kolata

No they aren't visible. They sit behind the tail lights. You have to remove the tail lights to drill the holes. I had the congo cage on a previous wrangler. The thing was awesome! Very strong indeed. Allen

Reply to
<ABanks5

Found this, not sure if any help...

Redge Egder

Found these instructions on the Quadratec site. Hope the help....

Reply to
Jim Chesher