consensus on new commander?

griffin proclaimed:

I see it more as the family vehicle on "American Dad"

Reply to
Lon

Sorry didn't have more time to reply Bill, been working 14-16 hour days this week. More later.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

XS11E proclaimed:

I see way more of the new Grands than Commanders. The Commanders at the local dealer are also offering bigger discounts. One cow orker drove the Commander for one of those extended weekend road tests and ended up buying the Grand Cherokee instead because he fit better--and is build like a linebacker.

Reply to
Lon

Yes, but can you get the La Fem version?

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

I went to the dealer to look at one, told the salseman I wante to see the new JEEP. He looked at my JEEP and told me I wouldnt like it. Said I would like the GC with ind suspension. Told him That I wouldnt and went home.

John > griff> >>As for how it drives, dunno. But it left me with the impression I

Reply to
John Murphy

I went to the dealer to BUY a brand new YJ. I spent 1/2 hour waiting for the salesman BS with some guy who plainly said "I wish they came out with this last month before I bought my Ford".

I went to another dealer.

The best one I heard was when my brother tried to buy a Honda motorcycle from the local arrogant Honda dealer. They wouldn't sell him what he wanted, so he went to another dealer.

He took the brand new bike back to the first place for the state inspection.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Eh, even with a smaller build the Commander's just butt-ugly; inside and out.

I returned the 4.7 and tried the 3.7; it just doesn't have enough power. It hunts through gears too much. I'd envision getting worse mileage from having to kick it down all the time. So now it's a debate between the 4.7 and hemi. Actually looks like I can get a better deal on the hemi, with a few less options, than a 4.7.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

That 'hemi' is down right scary. They are using the tried and failed GM system I read 'but' they say 'they' have better mathematicians than GM had so it won't be an abortion like the Caddy engines were. Sure it wont......

Mike

Mike Romain

FWIW Consumer Reports did a write up on the Hemi Commander in July.

Reply to
billy ray

Heheh. That's like sticking it up their a$$. :) The service department is normally neutral and hate the sales department at least in a auto dealership. You can then just walk around the sales floor and be smug. :)

Reply to
Peter Parker

ROFLMAO! Exactly. It's a welcome change to read the Studebaker OT and how it was similiar to the topic.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Try this link. Canyonero is about 1/2 way down.

QX