David (me) vs. Goliath (TrackBar)... david wins!!

Well, I fixed the adjustable trackbar issue and thought I would share what happened:

I got the end out and was debating whether to retap the bar keeping the threads the same size, or hacking at least 1" off of the adjustable end. A wise 'ol mechanic in the hobby shop took it away from me before I could do any harm, and started playing with it. He used some oil on it, and worked the adjustable end back and forth like you would when tapping a hole.

Anyhow, it started to go in further. So I took it home, and broke out the old PB Blaster. I sprayed the inside of the bar and used my wire brush (too big, really, didn't do that much), and kept working it in a bit at a time, and backing it back out. I'd take the end all the way out every few minutes to wipe off the threads and respray the bar with PB.

After about 20 minutes or so, it "broke free" of something and went the rest of the way in without a hitch. I installed it on the XJ, TRIED to hit every bump in the road, and no death wobble so far.

Thanks again to everyone for their help. Especially Nathan!!

Eric

Reply to
Eric

no thanks necessary brother. im just glad you got it fixed.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier