door lock button stuck

I recently had to remove the front door panel on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport to access the front speaker. After placing the panel back on, the manual lock button is stuck in the "lock" position, with the door actually unlocked - I cannot push the button to the unlocked position - it physically won't move. I know there are rods back there that go to the actual door lock, and I just can't figure out how to fix this...any tips?

TIA Eric.

Reply to
megabyte

Usually that means the button got overextended in the wrong direction and the rod is now bent like a spring holding it solid. You will have to open it back up and make sure the button is in the same place as the lock thinks it is when it goes back on.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain