Drivebelt tension (followup)

I've been hearing a loud squeal coming from the engine compartment of my '95 GCL (usu. on engine startup), so I took some advice on here and got a Krikit belt tension gauge from NAPA Auto Parts. I tried it on the drivebelt today...60 lbs! Can you say "loose belt"?

Obviously, my estimation of a tight drivebelt was a bit off. I cranked up the tension bolt and now the Krikit reads 150 lbs....well within spec range for a used belt.

Best part is....the squeal went away.

Hurray for good tools!

Reply to
TJM

Is your neighbours cat missing?

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Those new serpent belts don't take the abuse the v-belts could. Try and fix that with your wife's old pantyhose.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Bill, snakes hiss... never heard one squeal... not even a hognose.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11