driveline vibes

1995 wrangler with a 2.5, tom wood cv shaft, tera sye ford 8.8

i downsized the tires to 31s from 33s. now o get a vibration in 5 gear at 2400 rpm, it rattles the keys. suggestions?

When you get to 55 MPH does it still do it when clutch is pressing to floor? If so it you and balanced tires, you likely either have a bad Ujoint, bad Ujoint angles (theses can create a lot of vibrations) or a drive shaft that is not balanced.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Well, changing tires won't suddenly affect driveline angles or the new CV joints so I would suspect one of the tires is out of balance or our of round or one of the rims is bad.

You could try rotating the tires to see if the vibration changes place. While doing that I recommend a hand spin of each tire to see if it is obviously out of round or has a bulge.

How fast are the tires spinning when the vibe happens? 5th and 2400 is kinda meaningless without knowing the gears and tranny ratios. On mine,

2400 in 5th would be about 85 mph.

Mike

Mike Romain

I am not surprized that you think that tall gears with big tires are a great combo and 2400 at 85 is cool. And you try to pass yourself off as a expert too, Shame!!!! Not surprize coming for someone that tells people to spin the tires is reverse while in 4x4 to remove drivetrain stress. You are all show and no know.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Listen you insane asshole, I never said 85 at 2400 'or' tall ranges was cool, That is only in 'your' little pea brain.

Gotta keep trying bullshit because brilliance in your case just don't work eh snowjob?

I just stated that as a comparison so the OP might realize that different gear ratios make different speeds at a certain rpm range.

No one but no one can be as screwed in the head as someone like you who says they 'always' stop on the highway in a snowstorm to change gears and have been doing it for 35 years! (or how to cause a hundred car pileup in one easy lesson)

Absolutely 'nothing' I could ever post will top that one you insane fool!

Well..... maybe your conning some poor sucker the other day in rec.autos.4x4 to jack up his vehicle to relieve the driveline stress might. LOL! I felt sorry for the poor sucker! I'll bet most of the group got a good laugh also.

Can anyone imagine the laughs fools like that would get at the local off road area. Oops, hang on folks, gotta get out the jack because I can't shift out of 4 low so everyone take a break eh.

Just a hint for you fool, 'we' keep our vehicles in good mechanical shape so spinning the tires in mud or on dirt or snow isn't going to hurt anything, ever.

If we followed your advise, we would have to park it come first snow and never go off road or 'shudder' we might spin our tires and blow up our Jeeps!

Too bad you have let 'your' Jeep get so decrepit, it will self destruct if you spin the tires!

Mike

Mike Romain

If the only change you made was the tires then you need to suspect that before anything else. Probably just need to balance. Did you change rims too? If so, suspect them also.

Reply to
nrs

I would tend to agree with this but the tire size change would also have changed his cruising speed driveshaft rotational velocity. This could have exacerbated any pre-existing driveline alignment problem. It does sound like a front tire slightly out of balance. A quick and dirty diagnostic is to rotate the tires. If the noise goes away then back to the tire shop to get them all balanced.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Mike, I know how infuriating SnoTool is, but do us all a favor and ignore him, eventually he will go away.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

If you don't responded to a personal attack, you're a wimp! And when the a**hole is wrong, then you're a coward, if you don't correct it! God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You know what Bill, Matt is right. Feeding the idiot trolls just gives them the attention they crave. If they didn't personally get their rocks off by being abused back, they wouldn't post utter bullshit.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > If you don't responded to a personal attack, you're a wimp! And when the
Reply to
Mike Romain

No, you would be being sensible for just letting it drop, like a man.

(Unless, of course, you're satisfying some inner need that most likely nobody wants to know about.)

Riiight. Just keep it going as long as you can, eh?

And if someone doesn't do what /you/ do consistently, they're instantaneously branded Wimp and Coward, your two most frequently used words.

Hmmmmm. Wimp and Coward. Weren't they a British Vaudeville act from the

1940s?

Give it a rest, Billy. After all, it is getting much harder to find playmates, is it not?

Just let it go; let it go here, there and everywhere.

Reply to
Gaston Ryan Koake

There you go again.

EOT.

Reply to
Gaston Ryan Koake

There you go again.

EOT.

Reply to
Gaston Ryan Koake

I've already received replice from others at cox, dope. You're lying as you always do, just as you're proving by replying to my post.

Reply to
Joeseph P. Blow

Liar! We can mail your domain: databasix.com, you can't mail Me at COX nor post to their sever news.cox.west.com. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Billy, there is no need for you to have a valid e-mail address for me.

I don't want any more contract with scum, like you, other than on usenet.

Reply to
Bob Officer

Ping it stupid:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I think that's a great suggestion, why don't YOU take a couple of weeks off, I should have the Trolls banned by then. AND STOP CROSS POSTING! God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

crossposting

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Better yet,