bigger tires

Hey Gang. I'm looking for some help in upgrading my tires. I have a '97 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Currently, my tires are size P205/75R15. I want bigger tires, but I can't afford a lift right now. What is the biggest size I can get without a lift? And does anyone know of anywhere I can get decent prices for these tires? Please help!

Thanks! Jami

Reply to
JamiRHart

31 X 10.5 is what I have heard.
Reply to
nrs

31 X 10.5 is what I have heard.
Reply to
nrs

30x9.5 will fit for sure. 31x10.5 will fit but may need putting a washer under a bump stop to keep from rubbing at full turn. You'll probably need 8" wheels if you want to go 31x10.5, that's a bit wide for the 7" wheels that probably came with your Jeep, but look at your build sheet and find out what wheels you have. You can get 30x9.5 tires and 8" wide wheels for real cheap from eBay or Craigslist from people who are upgrading to bigger tires. I suspect this supply will dry up shortly though, since the new JK uses a different bolt pattern.
Reply to
L. Ron Waddle