drool

From the ZJ list digest.

DougW

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

found some more shots of it:

How do you know they're 3/4 ton axles Bill?

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That's EXACTLY what I want to do with my fender flares ...outside rivets. Gonna figure that out next summer. All of my flares are either broken, bent, or torn.

Reply to
griffin

That's a nice XJ!!!

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I know what you are referring to Bill but without a full view of the track bar you can't make that judgement. It's the imaginary line between the frame mount and the axle mount that matters not so much the angle of the actual track bar.

If the axle mount end is flat for 6" then angled 45* then flat for 8" into the frame end it could react the same as one flat for 3"/30*/4"... without doing the fancy math of course!

I'm not saying you're wrong just that it is hard to tell without being under without an angle finder or at least having a better view.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill, I know what you mean but the fact is; The track bar and the drag link could be shaped like pretzels as long as the imaginary line between the pitman arm joint / tie rod joint is parallel and equal length to the imaginary line between the axle mount / frame mount of the track bar. Having said all that, I think we're on the same page just over-complicating the discussion. And yes, I have compensated for my lift with an adjustable track bar. I hope the TRE wears out fast so I can justify a bushing end with a new mount. One less grease fitting and no travel restrictions.

-Brian

: > I know what you are referring to Bill but without a full view of the track : > bar you can't make that judgement. It's the imaginary line between the frame : > mount and the axle mount that matters not so much the angle of the actual : > track bar. : >

: > If the axle mount end is flat for 6" then angled 45* then flat for 8" into : > the frame end it could react the same as one flat for 3"/30*/4"... without : > doing the fancy math of course! : >

: > I'm not saying you're wrong just that it is hard to tell without being under : > without an angle finder or at least having a better view. : >

: > -Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Obviously a dangerous vehicle and it shouldn't be on the road. So I'll make the owner the generous offer to allow him to park it in my back yard. I promise to properly dispose of the vehicle.

(after 200,000 miles of hard 4 wheeling ;-))

Dean btw my backyard is called Moab

Dean

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I like this one:

The air-chuck disconnects on the anti-swaybar links are a neat idea.

Steve

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Steve

The track bar and the drag link need to be parallel. Even if the track bar was straight (and you can see it in the 2nd pic) it would not be parallel with the drag link since it terminates well inboard of the draglink-tierod balljoint.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo