Early Willy truck parts?

I've got a `51 Willys pickup being delivered this Sunday. Among other things I'll be needing some sheet metal repair parts, rocker panels, lower door skins, the usual drill. Anyone here have any favorite vendors for early Willys parts that they'd like to skew some business towards?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Frequent subject on the Willys Tech site, try looking/searching/asking here-

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Thanks very much for the tip!

Lee

Howard Eisenhauer wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

WillysAmerica.Com. They not only make just about everything for your truck from scratch, but they do it all in steel that's as good or better than original. I'm getting quarters for my wgaon from them for about $150 each. That's a killer price on brand-ey new Wagon quarters.

Cheers, - Jeff G

Keep YerSpam

Great, thanks for the tip, I'll be ordering their catalogue/restoration guide in a minute. Looking at their site I notice that they sell used sheet metal, too. Have you had a reason to buy used from them? How are they on cost? For the right price I'll skip the cab rust repairs and swap in a fresh cab.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I haven't bought anything from them yet, but they come highly recommended by some friends who have. Also, the guys there are about as knowledgable about Willys trucks as anyone and they make a strong argument for why you should restore or completely repower these trucks instead of just trying to hotrod them. Because of their advise and an honest hard look at my stuff, I'm not using the Toyota frame I first intended, but using the original Willys frame with an all-new driveline from the Toyota 4x4. It's a better frame for the wagon and it'll be cheaper and better in the long run. Also, I won't have to mess with body mounts on another frame - they're all in the right spots on the stocker already. Axles and engines (especially a V6) are easy to stick in a Willys.

I have the restoration guide and it's a treasure trove of good information, well worth the price. If you have questions about new vs. used parts, jst call them up and ask. explain what your goals are for your truck and what you expect/hope to get out of it. They'll give you the straight poop depending on your needs.

Cheers, - JJ

Reply to
Keep YerSpam

Check out Walck's -

-Ed

Lee Ayrt>I've got a `51 Willys pickup being delivered this Sunday. Among other

Reply to
Ed J.