Electric Powered Seat ?

The motor in my driver's seat in my 2000 JGC has stopped working (the function that allows movement forward and backward). The other functions work fine (up/down, back uf seat tilting).

Is this all one unitized motor, and is it hard to replace ? Does it require dealer parts ?

Thanks for any tips or advice !!

--james--

Reply to
James Nipper

James Nipper did pass the time by typing:

Different motors, there are three in there, front-back, rear-lift, front-lift.

Yes, sorta, and yes. If you have to get one try buymopar.com or

I've had good experience with both and both are dealers that don't gouge you.

But first, check the switch unit and harness. 90% of the time it's the switch or a broken wire.

Take a volt meter and measure the motor connector as you work the seat. Just take care not to pinch your fingers.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks Doug !!!

--james--

Reply to
James Nipper

James Nipper did pass the time by typing:

Not a problem.

Happy Jeepin.

Reply to
DougW