My kids' out grown the TJ

For all you young parents out there don't blink cause that baby you're lugging around in a car seat is going to be huge in what seems like mere moments. My boy is as tall as his mom and still growing. The back seat of the TJ is just too small and we've got to figure something else out.

My wife and I are talking about our options and one of our talking points was building a Grand Cherokee. Its got some pluses: backseat room, could be more comfortably driven to and from the trail (4 hour drives), and it would be unique.

But I'm concerned that a built Grand couldn't keep up with my group of friends.

are from Golden Spike in Moab. (my jeep is the one with the hard top andthe kid in the shot has added 11/2 feet to his height.) When all is said anddone I'm looking to build a Moab rock crawler that can run the 4+ trails all daylong and still drive home at night. This won't be my daily driver, but aweekender that might be driven to work occasionally. Anybody here driving Grands like Jeeps? Any suggestions as to the best years and engines between 1993 and 1999? Links, experiences, stories?

Thanks Dean

Reply to
Dean

Have the 3 of you tried sitting in an Unlimited TJ?

my wife had a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited. It was a sweet ride in stock. The seats were really comfortable and made for a relaxing ride. From everything I've seen, most of the Grands that I've seen that areset up for trail rides were the ZJ's (

)

Reply to
Chad Fraker

mmmmm Rubicon Unlimited mmm

Unfortunately that isn't in the budget. If I go this route I'll be looking for an older Grand Cherokee. Like the one in your link, thanks.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

This was on a local board in AZ, so there is no rust.

Joe, is a good mechanic and keeps his vehicles in top shape.

--------- Here it is again.....98 5.9 Limited ZJ For Sale 85,xxx Miles, Budget Boost,

265/75/16 Bfg All-terrains 85% tread, MP Performance Computer, Alpine XM radio. Clean, Want 10K for it...Its going on E-bay and the auto trader Next Week.

Joe

----------

Let me know if you want more information. If you have been in a TJ, this Jeep will seem like a rocket.

--James

Reply to
RocknCJ

I've run with ZJ's that could hang with just about anyone. Anwhere from

4-6" of lift, long arm kits, etc. Go nuts. And it STILL rode smooth. I got out of my TJ into a ZJ and it was like driving a caddy on the trails.

Don't hesitate to buy an old ZJ and build it up.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

I just bought a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited. Very sweet ride compared to my Wrangler. Significanly more legand storage room in the back.

Reply to
oracle0017
2005 Jeep Unlimited.....Rubicon! Yep they're finally here.
Reply to
SmokieNo