Electrical gremlins

Hi folks You guys did such a good job with my last dilemma I've another. My lights flash on and off occasionally, my horn works when it wants and it hasn't wanted in weeks on my 94 wrangler. replaced relays, fuses; tracked wires all over. I remember having the same headlight problem with a 93 I had awhile back that I never figured it out. I've deduced from all of this that this era must have bad wiring. Anybody else have these problems?

Reply to
Big Country

RoyJ

Horn and headlights have a common ground connected by a wire mesh cable from the rear of the head to the firewall. When this goes bad, the body can steal grounds, but sometimes it can't get enough so things intermittently don't work.

Or two separate issues. The headlights have a breaker in the switch that wears out especially if someone put halogen or high powered bulbs in without adding a relay. This causes the light to flick on and off. Usually the light switch itself gets physically hot when this happens, so a quick fee with your hand can spot it.

And horns sometimes just have attitudes....

Mike

Big Country wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain